This Morning's Harvest

This Morning's Harvest
Yard long beans, Filet and yellow beans, squash, cucumbers and Sungold Cherry tomatoes

This Week's Harvest

  • Melons - Crenshaw, Honeydew, Watermelon (yellow/orange flesh)
  • Basil - All summer(small leaf), Genovese (large leaf)
  • Peppers - Serrano -hot
  • Eggplant - Orient Express, Dancer
  • Garlic
  • Yard Long Beans - Green and purple
  • Beans - Purple Velour filets, Concador filets, Fortex pole, Carson yellow wax, Northeaster flat italian
  • Squash - Mix of Zucchini & yellow squash
  • Onions - Yellow Granex, Burgundy
  • Beets - Chioggia, Blankoma
  • Scallions - large size purple and white

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Winding down the season

The garden is slowing down. The greens, lettuce, PacChoi, radishes still look beautiful and the cabbage and beets are just about ready.
The weekly emails ended this week but I'll still be happy to sell anytime. I'll keep the weekly harvest section of the blog updated each week until everything is gone. Last year we were eating collards, beets and lettuce on New Years day....Email me anytime with what you would like and we will work out delivery. You are also always welcome to come out to the farm and choose your own. Just give me a little notice and I'll be happy to help you pick your own.

Also, this time of year is when I start planning for spring. The seed catalogues are starting to arrive and I'm making a list and planning out the garden. If there is anything you would like to try, please let me know. I learned alot this year and have some definite items I'll plant again and some that I won't.

Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment