This Morning's Harvest

This Morning's Harvest
Yard long beans, Filet and yellow beans, squash, cucumbers and Sungold Cherry tomatoes

This Week's Harvest

  • Melons - Crenshaw, Honeydew, Watermelon (yellow/orange flesh)
  • Basil - All summer(small leaf), Genovese (large leaf)
  • Peppers - Serrano -hot
  • Eggplant - Orient Express, Dancer
  • Garlic
  • Yard Long Beans - Green and purple
  • Beans - Purple Velour filets, Concador filets, Fortex pole, Carson yellow wax, Northeaster flat italian
  • Squash - Mix of Zucchini & yellow squash
  • Onions - Yellow Granex, Burgundy
  • Beets - Chioggia, Blankoma
  • Scallions - large size purple and white

Monday, June 28, 2010

Eating in season...

My family is beginning to tire of squash every night for dinner. However, it does force you to get creative. I've tried quite a few new recipes and discovered new ways to freeze. If you haven't tried to stuff the 8-ball or patty pan varieties, you should. There are several recipes out there that are vegetarian and sausage/meat filled that are great. Cooks.com or Allrecipes.com are two great sites to try.

The tomatoes are just beginning to ripen. I have a few cherry this week and they are sweet! We picked the first eggplant and it looks like the spaghetti and butternut will be ready early this year. Lots of melons on the vines too. The blueberries are really sweet and fresh. Not the same taste as those from the grocery that have shipped and sitting for weeks..

I'm just beginning to plan for the fall garden....hard to believe. I'll be sending out an email asking for input. Please let me know what you would like me to plant. I'll have a list of my ideas and would love to include yours. I truly want this endeavor to be structured so that I plant what you guys want to eat, not ask you to eat what I plant...

1 comment:

  1. Paul and I are enjoying the vegetables so much! I love your photos and previews. I look forward to your butternut and spaghetti squash for sure!

    -Cathy.

    ReplyDelete